1816 Erected by William Scott in memory of his spouse Lilly Wighton, who died on the 12th of 5th month 1814.
Source: The Book of the Howff, ĐLibraries, Leisure and Culture Dundee, Local History Centre & is reproduced with kind permission.
1816 William Scott, grocer and Meal seller, Hillton.
1858 July 29. Permission granted this day by the Town Council to Mrs Margaret Souter of Scott relict of the late James Scott, merchant, West Port, to erect a monument instead of a headstone; and she having paid £5.5/- on 4th Decr 1858 a receipt was granted for the same having that the permission was without prejudice to the rights of other parties.
Source:Register of Tombs and Monuments in Dundee Burial Ground, 1832