The small parish church of Logie-Dundee was dedicated by Bishop David of St Andrews in 1243, it stood at the top of a steep slope, skirted by the road to Lochee. No trace of the church remains, but a burial aisle built by Major Fyfe of Logie Smithfield occupies its site. Although very little of this now remains.
Although no date can be given, a stone fragment of a coffin from around the 14th or 15th Century was found at Logie.
In the early 19th Century Logie was described as "the most desolate burial-ground in Scotland, as there was no enclosure to keep out man nor beast." During the day it was a grazing ground for cattle and at night it was a haunt for footpads (un-mounted highwaymen). In one corner was a dung heap and in another an extensive piggery. Accommodation was so limited that the footpaths were converted into burial pits. In 1837 an eight foot wall was built by public subscription and a small burn on the north side paved over and converted into a footpath
The cemetery was closed to interments in 1870.
Around the same time as the Howff, the vast majority of stones were given a number which was chiselled into the southerly edge. The highest number currently still visible is No.456, this gives an indication that the cemetery had at least this amount of plots. Over the years the cemetery has decayed and it would be safe to say that a great many have stones have disappeared.
In 1978 an MI list was compiled, which was published within Angus Monumental Inscriptions Pre1855 Vol 4 published by the Scottish Genealogy Society. This has the remaining stones renumbered from 1-137. This listing was used to enable some kind of order whilst visiting the ground.
During this survey carried out in 2001, it was noted that since 1978 a few more stones have either vanished or have become unreadable. In keeping with the SGS Vol 4 survey, the stones have been listed using the same index. This index number is denoted by an asterix on the relevant pages, with the original numbering if available being above.