This stone was erected by John Cairncross, Mercht, Dundee, and his spouse Elisabeth Brown, in memory of their children interr'd here.
Source: The Book of the Howff, ©Libraries, Leisure and Culture Dundee, Local History Centre & is reproduced with kind permission.
By John Cairncross, merchant, Dundee
Claimant:John Cairncross, Banker Dundee.
Dundee 30 Sept 1856, permission granted by Hospital Master and Factor in virtue of minute from Hospital Committe to the trustees of the late John Cairncross, to remove the old stone on this space to replace it by another, (324-2) but that without prejudice to the rights of any other parties.
Source:Register of Tombs and Monuments in Dundee Burial Ground, 1832