Burial Grounds Search.

 Stone No.697

 

Inscription.

 1833

Erected

By

WILLIAM, ROBERT and DAVID CRAWFORD

to perpetuate the memory of their

father ROBERT CRAWFORD

shoemaker Hilltown

who died 5th May 1819

aged 49 years

and of their mother

ANN DUNN

who died 2nd June 1834 aged 63 years


1791 Erected by James Din, porter

Claimant: William Crawford Jun, Ironmonger, Grandson to James Din.

2 July 1833 Revisal dues paid by William Crawford, Mercht.

This stone was removed in 1833 and a new one erected by son Robert and David Crawford claimant of the original.

Source:RT