David Quittet, Town Clerk of Forfar.— Aug. 9th, 1594. Old Houff, Dundee (on north wall).
The above was noted in Dundee Delineated 1822, however James Thomson mentions this monument as having been a large flat memorial in the ground beside No617 with a Latin marginal inscription. The monument was destroyed or obliterated by 1824.
Notes in text:
Procurator in the Sheriff Court at Forfar, died in the year 1598.
Source: The Book of the Howff, ©Libraries, Leisure and Culture Dundee, Local History Centre & is reproduced with kind permission.